Note: to "cycle" the SPOT should be left outdoors with the SPOT logo on the top of the unit facing the sky.
The spot must be sitting on top of a pack, handle bars etc. It should bot be buried deep in a pack.
You can only us tracking mode for 24 hours. You must do the 20 minute "okay" cycle every day. We recommend doing it every morning as you wake up.
- First use: turn SPOT on, press the OK button and let cycle for 20 min.
- Tracking: Turn unit on, press and hold OK button for at least 5 seconds.
- Tracking turns off after 24 hours. Engage Tracking every morning.
- If lights blink in unison for only 20 min., you were in OK mode.
- *Once in Track mode, holding down the OK button will cancel Track and only send an OK message.
- One set of AA Lithium batteries = 14 days of Tracking.
- GPS Fix = On/Off and OK lights blink in unison.
- No GPS Fix = On/Off and OK lights blink out of unison
- 9-1-1 Mode: Press and hold for at least 3 seconds unit you see green light blink
- Cancel 9-1-1, press and hold button for at least 3 seconds until red light
If On/Off light and OK light blink in unison for longer than 20 min., than you are in Track Mode.