Sunday, February 8, 2009

Race Countdown: 4 Months (and a bit)

February is upon us... and winter is still here. Is it ever going away?

If you can't tell I'm getting a cabin fever and a bit antsy for the snow to disappear so I can start some longer weekend rides. So far the winter in Montreal hasn't been too bad, if you consider averages of -20ÂșC (plus the windchill) not that bad. It hasn't made my job that easy, but I'm still riding about 9.5 to 10 hours a day as a bike courier, slugging away in the slush and snow.

Writing this post I just realized that there are only around four months left before the big race day. There is still lots of other things to do other that training though. I just received my ACA Maps and Cycling the Great Divide book in the mail last week. I have already started to pour over the material, trying to make mental notes, and trying not to wish I was already rambling through the Colorado aspen groves.

On top of that I am trying to figure out all of the expenses and budget for the trip. Taking a month off of work, flying across the continent and riding a bike for a month isn't the cheapest thing to do, but with the right planning I can try and make the budget manageable. In fact I just finished a donation sheet that I am sending out to potential sponsors to help with the cost of gear and traveling. If you are interested in helping me out with donations click here for more information on what you can do and how to contact me.

There are now 4 months 4 days and 3 hours left (can you tell I'm excited?).

No comments:

Post a Comment